If you have questions about studying, please talk with a your grade level counselor or the AMMS Graduation Coach. You can also follow the AMMS Study Skills blog- http://blogs.ammslions.org/roadtosuccess/
Helpful tips from The Parent Institute…10 Study Secrets of Great Students
- Set goals- Goals should be specific, realistic, and measurable within a certain time period.
- Plan your time- Start planning with the things that NEED to get done. Use a calendar or planner.
- Study every day- Review your class notes, complete your homework, and keep your materials organized.
- Take notes in class- Teachers usually hint at what will be on an assessment so taking notes helps you know what to study.
- Review your notes shortly after class- Read through your notes each night. Follow up with your teachers if you have questions about the material.
- Make sure you have the tools you need- Be prepared with everything you need for class. Keep extra paper/pencils/pens in your locker.
- Check the details- Proofread your work, make sure your name is on your papers, and make sure you followed all of the directions.
- Get ready the night before- Make your lunch, pack your supplies, pick out what you are going to wear- do what ever you can to make the mornings less hectic.
- If you’re working in a group, be willing to do a little more than “your share”- Be sure to meet your responsibilities to your group, and step up to do a little extra when needed.
- Turn these positive actions into habits by repeating them for 21 days- Keep up the hard work! Becoming a great student takes time, but it is worth the effort.